Occupancy Permit

As a final quality check, your builder needs to get an occupancy permit or OP (also called an occupancy certificate) from a registered building surveyor before you’re able to move into your newly built home.

If you are doing an extension or alteration, your builder will need to apply for a certificate of final inspection.

What’s in the occupancy certificate or permit?

When our building inspectors conduct their final inspection, the main things they’re checking for are:

  • waterproofing and whether there’s any caulking missing around a wet area
  • missing balustrades
  • gaps in brickwork
  • gaps not being sealed around doors and windows.

Final inspection for your safety

The occupancy permit guarantees that your home has been built to the National Construction Code’s (NCC) standards. So you have the peace of mind in knowing that it’s safe for you and your family to move in.

Guaranteed same-day delivery of your occupancy certificate

If our building surveyors are happy that the finished home is compliant with all building regulations and your building permit, your builder will get their occupancy certificate back the same day (provided they’ve given us all the necessary paperwork).

Read about the benefits of our building surveying services in Melbourne or to appoint us, download the form below and give it to your builder

Download form

Keen to find out how we can help
simplify your next building project?

Contact Us